Slide deck from panel presentation by Duncan McElfresh, Gabriel Schnickel, John Dickerson, and Patricia Mayer.
Presented at the 2018 American Society for Bioethics and Humanities annual conference.
- Part I: Kidney Transplantation & Exchange
- History of kidney allocation policy
- Intro to kidney exchange
- Part II: Artificial Intelligence & Medicine
- Intro to AI
- AI in medicine
- AI in kidney exchange
- Part III: AI & Ethics / Building a Better Algorithm
- Challenges of integrating AI & Ethics
- A way forward?
- Duncan McElfresh, MS, PhD student, University of Maryland, Department of Computer Science
- Gabriel Schnickel, MD, MPH, Associate Professor of Surgery, UCSD School of Medicine, Division of Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery
- John Dickerson, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Maryland, Department of Computer Science
- Patricia Mayer, MD, MS, Palliative Medicine and Clinical Ethics, Banner Health, Phoenix AZ
More information available at the website of Duncan C McElfresh, PhD candidate in Applied Mathematics at the University of Maryland. http://www.cs.umd.edu/~dmcelfre/