Peer-reviewed journal that aims to: provide a vehicle for scholarly presentation and exchange of information between professionals, researchers and practitioners in the technology-enhanced education field; contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge regarding the use of technology and computers in higher education; and inform readers about the latest developments in the application of information technologies (ITs) in higher education learning, training, research and management.
The journal welcomes research on innovative approaches in applying technology to enhance learning, design and educational outcomes, including quantitative, qualitative and hybrid approaches. Articles on applied theory in educational practice are also welcomed, as well as articles on the practical applications of research, on current policy initiatives and evaluations of research, theoretical, pedagogical and methodological issues related to educational technology. In addition, the journal accepts critical reviews on theoretical or pedagogical perspectives, new technologies and the use of IT in higher education.
Authors are encouraged to submit papers related, but not limited, to the following topics of interest:
- Innovations and best practices in online learning, training, research and management
- Educational technology, models and trends in higher education
- Computer-supported collaborative learning, training and research
- Intelligent tutoring and mentoring systems
- Learning analytics and educational data mining
- Open access systems for learning and training
- Organisational and administrative perspectives of IT use in higher education
- University governance and leadership in the knowledge society
- Institutional policies, standards and assessment methods
- Models of higher education presence and service using the Internet
- Internationalization and cultural aspects of online learning, training and research
All articles published by the International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers. Further information about open access can be found here.
As authors of articles published in the International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education you are the copyright holders of your article and have granted to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate your article, according to the SpringerOpen copyright and license agreement.
For those of you who are US government employees or are prevented from being copyright holders for similar reasons, SpringerOpen can accommodate non-standard copyright lines. Please contact us if further information is needed.