Online course developed by CSER K-12 Digital Technologies Education, Australia.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is driving the next wave of technological innovation, and is changing almost every industry around us. With the expansion and ubiquity of AI being a motivating factor in the decisions and need for all children to develop their understanding of Computer Science, it is logical that children also must need to develop their understanding of AI itself.
This free course is presented as two related parts. Firstly, we provide Secondary School Teachers with the necessary background information to teach and contextualise AI in the classroom by providing an overview. The second half of the course presents the practical implementation of classroom activities suitable for the secondary school years.
An overview of AI
- Core concepts and examples of AI-driven technology
- The History and evolution of AI
- The benefits, risks and ethical considerations of AI
AI Education in the classroom
- Worked examples and case studies exploring activity design and implementation
- Practical classroom advice, student-friendly language and resources
- Assessment support and advice
- Unit 1 – An Overview of AI
- Task: Introducing AI
- Unit 2 – Secondary Years Activities
- Task: Teaching AI
Although this course is mapped to the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies, anyone in the world is welcome to participate! Participants who complete the course receive a Professional Learning Certificate (mapped to AITSL standards). Our CSER K-12 Digital Technologies Education program receives funding from the Australian Government Department of Education and Training. This course is made free and open to all with thanks to funding from Google Australia & New Zealand.