Organization founded in 2004, CSTA is a professional association whose mission to “empower, engage and advocate for K-12 CS teachers worldwide.” It supports and encourages education in the field of computer science and related areas. CSTA supports computer science education in elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, higher education, and industry. CSTA understands that teaching computer science is hard. That’s why our dedicated team and teacher-led Board of Directors has focused on creating a strong environment to support K–12 educators. We’re proud to have created a community that:
- Is led by K-12 computer science teachers, and puts teacher needs at the forefront
- Shares the latest best practices in K-12 computer science education
- Creates local communities across the US + Canada that make sure every computer science teacher has a home.
- Builds the largest teacher-led computer science professional development event in the world each year!
- Provides access to exclusive discounts on courses and tools that will take your teaching practice to the next level.
You might be the only computer science teacher in your school, district or town, and as a part of CSTA, we’re in this together.